26 Yarn Shops of Nova Scotia
Are you looking for all of the Yarn Shops in Nova Scotia while visiting? We have a downloadable PDF to enjoy with the locations of each of the shops. Finding fabulous yarn stores may be harder to locate as they may be tucked in tourist towns or off the beaten track in the cities.
Michaels Stores and Walmart exist in various places in Nova Scotia and are generally easy to find through Google Maps. Our goal was to locate the names of the stores and provide their address so you can find them too. Follow the Yarn Tales in Nova Scotia.
As a general note: Check these stores’ websites or social media posts if you are unsure of open times. With Nova Scotia being a small province, visiting many little yarn stores daily is possible.
All store information was accurate at the time of producing this document.
Local Weekly Stitch Meet Up
Mikey and the local group have a weekly stitch meet-up for both crocheters, knitters and others involved in creativity like needlepoint and stuff. In the winter, the meet-up location is Michaels in New Minas, Nova Scotia, from 6 pm to 8:45 pm. All are welcome to attend.
Follow the Yarn Tales in Nova Scotia
Click here to Download This Map or Click The Picture. The map may be updated without notice.
Locations of Stores where Yarn is the Primary Focus
- The Crochet Crowd Yarn Studio in Greenwich, Nova Scotia
- Wool ‘n Tart Yarn Store in Wolfville, Nova Scotia
- Gaspereau Valley Fibres in Gaspereau, Nova Scotia
- Becky’s Knit and Yarn Shop in Lockeport, Nova Scotia
- L K Yarns in Halifax, Nova Scotia
- The Loop in Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Yarn in The Hollow in Hammonds Plains, Nova Scotia
- The Wool Room at Aspen Grove Farm in New Germany, Nova Scotia
- The Mariner’s Daughter in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
- Moose River Rug Hooking Studio in Clementsport, Nova Scotia
- Deanne Fitzpatrick Rug Hooking Studio in Amherst, Nova Scotia
- Lismore Sheep Farm and Wool Shop in River John, Nova Scotia
- Yarn and Company in Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia
- Sisterhood Fibres in Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia
- GJDR Enterprise LTD in Oxford, Nova Scotia
- DeWeaver’s Wovens in Aylesford, Nova Scotia
- The Bobbin Tree in Sydney, Nova Scotia
- Moraff’s Yarns and Crafts in Sydney, Nova Scotia
- Green Sheep Fibres, South Ohio, Nova Scotia
- Heidi Wulfraat Woolworks Studio in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia – Not on Map
- Erin’s Hooked on Yarn in Unsure Where They Are – Not on Map
- Flora’s Gift Shop on The Cabot Trail in Cheticamp, Nova Scotia – Not on Map
- Erin’s Hooked On Yarn in Port La Tour, Nova Scotia – Not on Map
Links missing are stores; we are unable to locate a website or social media presence.
Big Box Retailers Specializing in Yarn
- Michaels – New Minas, Nova Scotia. Filming Location for The Crochet Crowd yarn updates.
- Michaels – Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Michaels – Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Michaels – Bedford, Nova Scotia
- Michaels – Sydney, Nova Scotia
- Michaels – Truro, Nova Scotia
Things Creative and Tourist Based in the Annapolis Valley
- Port-Royal – European Settlement in Port-Royal, Nova Scotia
- Grand-Pre National Historic Site – Acadian settlements in Grand Pre, Nova Scotia
- Hall’s Harbour – Iconic Tidal Village with the best lobster – Hall’s Harbour, Nova Scotia
- The Look Off – North ridge overlooks Minas Basin and Annapolis Valley.
- Magic Winery Bus Tours – Wolfville and surrounding areas vineyard tastings and visits.
- Valley Ghost Walks – Not scary but fabulously presented with walk-throughs of the towns as characters tell the stories as you approach them as a guided tour. It’s like a walking theatre performance.